Monday, September 28, 2015

10 YouTube Alphabet Videos and Learning at Home


I love using YouTube to engage my students.    There are so many great YouTube alphabet videos out there and I am going to share a few of my favorites.

This Sesame Street video is such a great alphabet video! I am pretty positive that it is my absolute favorite!  It is Usher singing the alphabet and I love how is shows the letter and keeps the students moving and great for reinforcing letter names. 

Have fun Teaching is an amazing resource.  They have a song with the whole alphabet that really reinforces letter sounds. 

What kindergarten teacher doesn't love Jack Hartmann.  This great videos focuses on letter names and letter sounds and keeps students moving!


Another great video that provides visuals and keep students moving with an animal focus. 


This video from The Learning Station is also a great song that repeats each sound over several time and also has pictures to go with each word.  Great for visual learners.

For a calm song with a lot of visuals, I really like this video from Barbara Milne

Alphablocks had great videos for teaching children to read CVC but I also has a great video for reviewing letter names
 and Alphablocks lettter sounds 


This PreschoolPrep video is very visually appealing, it reviews the different phonograms for each letter.



If you having checked out StoryBots yet, your students will love them!!  Each letter has a different very catchy video. 

I love using these YouTube videos in my classroom.  My students were so in love with HaveFun Teaching and StoryBots, that I created QR Code alphabet books for them that they could use at home to extend their learning.  Knowing that so many families have smart phone or tablets and since I teach ELL's, it was a great resource for me to send home with students since many of their parents may not know the letter names and sounds in English.  I also made these books available in our classroom as a center activity and for students who needed more support.  
I copied the front cover on cardstock and created colorful books to send home with the students.





Each letter has the video on one side and handwriting and beginning sound identification on the other. 

Students love using the QR code readers and it was a great way to reinforce the alphabet. 
They can also easily be copied back to back and sent home without making a book as a review after each letter is taught. 
You can check out this product in my TPT store by clicking on the image below. 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-QR-Codes-2029212

No comments:

Post a Comment